Saturday, October 3, 2009

Camaraderie over disaster

The Philippines is now suffering from the wrath of mother nature in the forms of Typhoon Ondoy and Pepeng. But as I watched the news in the tv, I cannot see from the faces of those who suffer a lot a trace of misirableness and hopelessness. On contrary I can see the joy and uplifting spirit from their faces which speaks like there's still tommorow that is waiting for them to rebuild their house, regain their normal living status.

Filipinos are working together that is a proof the the "bayanihan" is still alive. Volunteers from all walks of life including those who are victimize by the two typhoon uplift the moral of Philippines as a whole awakening their nationalist spirit. People is so eager to donate and to be a volunteer for repacking of releif goods that make it possible for the victim to have food in their tables everyday. The doctors and nurses are willing to give their service without any payment and unlike ordinary days, critical areas are overwhealmed by group of doctors that would give medical services.

Non-government organizations from big companies such as kapuso foundation and abs-cbn foundation and private people are also active in giving service and money for we cannot all depend to our government for we have a big population are the government is busy about the counter measures and other aspects except releif. Those "presedentiables" have gave their part in helping the soon to be voters to elect them but I wish that they forbid their ambitions as they help the victims and only show the eagerness to help.

How about you? Have you done your part? Or the better question is do you do anything except to criticize what others do and destroy their spirit?

For me I could say to myself that I have done my piece for this problem and I can say loud and clear that I AM PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO.

No comments:

Post a Comment