Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Honesty has a price?

Y-E-S! HAHAHAHA! SUPER DUPER YES! Just kidding.

I wish I did this but naaah. NOT MINE

After this year started I have this motto of stating what is actually on my mind rather than fabricating an ideal response.. Especially with regards to my career choices.

1. When I was soooo confused on what I really want and this one-time opportunity/interview that I screwed BIGTIME. I told him my real intention and my real means of living life. He thought I was not that academic or nerd which is a big no-no for their reputation. Well, this is a one-sided story and I don't know his side -- I might never will.

Dec 2015 update: As it turns out that program regardless where you take it requires a LOOOOT of caffeine and sleepless nights. Poorly informed me.

2. I made up my mind on what I really want but still accepted 'this' just to pass time. I have aced their mind contorting GRAMMAR EXAM (alam nyo yan!), dunno the result of interview 1 and a "technical" interview. This "opportunity" is relatively new to my game. I have a glimpse about their process (thanks WIKI!) but doesn't know how to play the game. This wide mouth of mine (just won't stop talking) suddenly blurted out my 'real goal' -- having this offer just to pass time. I know what I've said that time is a BIG NO-NO if you are in a position of selling yourself to get something. But my conscience is bothering me. They will give me this training (which at most costs 20k++) for free with allowance if I will accept their offer but I know deep inside my hypothalamus that this is not what I want. It's as if I told them to waste their money for something very futile. After that moment, I was like -- WHY THE HELL DID I DO THAT?! WHY DID I EVEN WASTE MY TIME AT THEIR OFFICE?! O.O If I am the interviewer I would actually kick the butt of someone who stated such thing and scold them for wasting my time!

PLAINLY STUPID. I know.

3. I cannot present an important document therefore prompting me to produce a notarized affidavit. My sister drafted the document for me then this "secretary" of one attorney (she's from Fisher Valley College) offered me 200 bucks to reprint my form on a paper pre-signed by the attorney, cut it down to 150 (haha! best in TAWAD!) -- everything goes smooth. NOT UNTIL my mouth won't stop talking. I did actually tried to shortcut the system with some *wink-wink* but my bestest friend -- conscience bothered me again. I say things that if I haven't said would make the process easier. Luckily, the officer is kind enough to allow me just to write the real reason why I cannot present such (nothing fatal/controversial) on the back of the notarized affidavit.


My thoughts:

Practice what you preach!!!
Honesty starts not only by whistle-blowing government anomalies, you can start by small acts!

1. Does the system really values honesty? I mean in this oh-so-rotten system which they are opted to hear something ideal than something true; does honesty really helps?

2. Be true to yourself! Probably if I haven't told my real sentiments to the 2nd, I may be paid such amount for small task which would eventually lead to wasting my time before I get to my real goal in life. There's a BINDING CONTRACT. O.O


3. Ugh. Hard but -- the inconvenience of honesty is something worth going/suffering for. Maraming nadedelikado sa shortcuts. *ehem* insert list of horror movies *ehem* ☺

Yeap! Another blabber!



Here's a song from  Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely


No comments:

Post a Comment