Thursday, October 17, 2013

Food Entry No. 1 -- Tamad na Pansit

Hello! For the first time in the history of my blog I will be posting an experimental dish! I named it TAMAD NA PANSIT! Tinamad kasi akong bumili ng Baguio Beans pero gusto ko lutuin siya. Kaya kung ano nalang meron sa ref.
What plating?
The experiment was conducted last holiday Tuesday (October 15) wanting to use my Kalamansi (C. microcarpa) marinated pork. Marinated to use the Kalamansi before it spoils. One thing I love about cooking is that you are not obliged to follow a certain a rule/procedure as long as you can EAT it!

Materials:
Chopped Garlic (A. sativum)! Yes improperly chopped.
Chopped Onion (A. cepa)! Huh! Maayos yan!
Marinated Pork (S. domesticus) cut along the direction of the muscle.
Carrots (D. carota) -- a staple
Sayote/Chayote (S. edule) cut whatever you want. -- some say its also a staple
Patola ang pinakanakakabulol na species epithet -- Luffa acutangula
Canton (courtesy of Derick) and Bihon.
*Cut/Chop/Put as many as you want. Its YOUR dish! ☺

Methods:

1. Sauté garlic and onions in a mixture of oil and margarine (substitute for butter -- this is an EXPERIMENT).
Nope you should NOT burn your garlic!
*The photo above of burnt garlic doesn't give justice to my SKILLZ! This is the first time that I am documenting my cooking.. and its HARD.

2. Add your meat (the marinated pork for me).
3. Some says you should season your meat as early as this but I didn't do it; my pork is marinated.


4. When your meat is cooked, add water and season according to your taste buds.

*I would like to believe mine was 80% cooked before I put water.
*I used a combination of Fish Sauce and Soy Sauce for this dish.

5. Let it boil.

Materials that are 'thicker' first
6. Add Chayote and Carrots first.
Then the easier cooked materials later
7. Then Patola (Luffa) next -- to avoid overcooking.

*CARROTS, PATOLA, and SAYOTE is NOT a vegetable.
Noooooooodles!
8. Then the nooooodles!
Finished! Who cares about the plating?!
9. MIX!
10. L-A-M-O-N





No comments:

Post a Comment